Sunday, May 29, 2011

Into the Wild

One of my friend suggested this film almost a couple of years back and I was as usual, procrastinating this ever since. Yesterday, I started watching this with nothing else to do. I knew that the movie is all about human relations and the individual's part in this society. I knew that the subject was heavy. But believe me, I was swept off my feet by the end of the film. Emile Hirsch portrayed the role of Chris McCandless with such finesse that you actually feel every emotion that his character is going through.

Into the Wild is a young man's rebellion against the society. He believes that the relationships between parents, siblings and friends are filled with Hypocrisy and selfishness and people maintain them only because society expects that from them. And his solution to the problem is to leave this society and live in the wilderness of Alaska.

The film is basically a road trip movie, essaying the travels of Chris McCandless across America and his settlement in Alaska. He encounters many people who form relationships with him for which he shows no commitments. Actually, the director, Sean Penn did an excellent job without judging any single character of the film based on their beliefs and ideologies. It is left to the audience to decide who is right and who is wrong. This is definetely going to be the best movie experience you had in ages.

No comments: